Job id. 004
Web Engineer Digital Customer Products Venture
About this position
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced Web Engineer to join one of our product and technology teams in the digital customer products venture at GLS/NXT. You will be working on state-of-the-art web applications for the private and business customers of GLS Germany, products which have the potential to reach millions of people. Being one of the first engineering hires at GLS/NXT, you will be able to make significant contributions to the early development of our technology stack and processes. As a key and early hire, all doors are open for your personal and professional development – you are in the driver’s seat!
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality web applications that meet user needs and business objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code using industry best practices and coding standards
- Conduct code reviews, provide feedback, and mentor junior engineers to improve code quality and maintainability
- Optimize application performance, reliability, and security through profiling, debugging, and testing
- Stay up-to-date with web development trends, emerging technologies, and best practices
- Contribute to the development of technical specifications, architecture, and design documentation
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or similar working experience
- 3+ years of experience in web development, with a focus on React and Typescript
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and integrating with backend services
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration, and deployment
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, architectural patterns, and modern web design principles
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Passion for user experience and a commitment to delivering high-quality products
What we are offering you / Your benefits
- Hybrid working mode with a tailor-made remote policy
- Great office space in Berlin Mitte
- The latest technology equipment
- A personal budget for coaching, sports, or public transport
- Regular team events and offsites
- A competitive compensation package
GLS/NXT was founded recently and aims to build the next generation of logistic experiences driven by technology – core, adjacent & beyond. More specifically, our sphere of interest are the Logistics and eCommerce sector. We are entrepreneurs and hence always start with the user’s needs. We are located between Corporate and Startups and leverage the benefits from both (startup speed and corporate muscle). GLS/NXT inhabits different venture teams, acting as startups with business responsibility and setting their own vision, mission, and business plan.
Sounds interesting? We are excited to get to know you!
GLS/NXT is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.