Job id. 003
Head of Engineering
About this position
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced Head of Engineering to setup up and lead our software engineering organization and dares to build it for real scale. Besides establishing a state-of-the-art tech stack for disrupting eCommerce Logistics together with the various venture teams of GLS/NXT, a key success factor will be your ability to find, attract and convince tech talent fitting our unique culture to join our fast-moving organization. As a key and early hire, all doors are open for your personal and professional development – you are in the driver’s seat!
- Lead and manage the engineering teams to deliver high-quality products and services on schedule
- Develop and implement engineering processes and best practices to improve efficiency and quality
- Design an architecture for a distributed system that can handle hundreds of thousands parcels each day
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product management, design, and operations to define and deliver on our internal product roadmaps
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor to the engineering team
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and technologies to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Align with core high-level stakeholders on the business objectives that our new unit is delivering on and drive the engineering organization to contribute to these goals
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar working experience
- Proven experience as a Head of Engineering or similar engineering leadership role
- Strong technical skills and experience with software development, including experience with modern programming languages, frameworks and testing
- Gained deep knowledge of distributed software platforms and mobile development
- Ability to recruit, lead and manage a high-performing engineering team
- Experience in technical leadership and management of software development teams
- Ability to establish and manage software development operations (CI/CD) and agile methodologies
- Thrive in fast-moving and agile environments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage their projects, and allocate their time according to business objectives
- You are proficient in English
What we are offering you / Your benefits
- Hybrid working mode with a tailor-made remote policy
- Great office space in Berlin Mitte
- The latest technology equipment
- A personal budget for coaching, sports, or public transport
- Regular team events and offsites
- A competitive compensation package
GLS/NXT was founded recently and aims to build the next generation of logistic experiences driven by technology – core, adjacent & beyond. More specifically, our sphere of interest are the Logistics and eCommerce sector. We are entrepreneurs and hence always start with the user’s needs. We are located between Corporate and Startups and leverage the benefits from both (startup speed and corporate muscle). GLS/NXT inhabits different venture teams, acting as startups with business responsibility and setting their own vision, mission, and business plan.
Sounds interesting? We are excited to get to know you!
GLS/NXT is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.