Job id. 002
Backend Engineer Parcel Locker Venture
About this position
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Lead to lead our team of software engineers for the parcel locker venture inside of our larger software engineering organization. You will establish a state-of-the-art tech stack for disrupting eCommerce logistics together with the various other venture teams of GLS/NXT. As one of the first hires inside our technology organization, we count on you to develop a unique culture with us. For your personal and professional development all doors are open – you are in the driver’s seat!
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver high-quality products and services in the parcel locker space
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product management, design, and operations
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor to the engineering team
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and technologies to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Ensure the team is following best practices and that the code is maintainable, scalable and secure
- Manage and prioritize the team’s workload and resources to ensure on-time delivery of projects
- Participate in recruitment, selection, and retention of team members
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar working experience
- Proven experience as a Engineering Lead or similar engineering role
- Strong technical skills and experience with software development, including experience with modern programming languages, frameworks and testing suits
- Gained deep knowledge of distributed software platforms
- More than 3 years of experiencing working with JVM languages (preferably Kotlin) and Spring Boot
- Ability to recruit, lead and manage a high-performing engineering team
- Ability to establish and manage software development operations (CI/CD) and agile methodologies
- Thrive in fast-moving and agile environments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage their projects, and allocate their time according to business objectives
- You are proficient in English
What we are offering you / Your benefits
- Hybrid working mode with a tailor-made remote policy
- Great office space in Berlin Mitte
- The latest technology equipment
- A personal budget for coaching, sports, or public transport
- Regular team events and offsites
- A competitive compensation package
GLS/NXT was founded recently and aims to build the next generation of logistic experiences driven by technology – core, adjacent & beyond. More specifically, our sphere of interest are the Logistics and eCommerce sector. We are entrepreneurs and hence always start with the user’s needs. We are located between Corporate and Startups and leverage the benefits from both (startup speed and corporate muscle). GLS/NXT inhabits different venture teams, acting as startups with business responsibility and setting their own vision, mission, and business plan.
Sounds interesting? We are excited to get to know you!
GLS/NXT is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Apply here!