Job id. 005
Backend Engineer Digital Customer Products Venture
About this position
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced Backend Engineer to join one of our product and technology teams in the digital customer products venture at GLS/NXT. You will be working on state-of-the-art backend systems for the private and business customers of GLS Germany, products which have the potential to reach millions of people. Being one of the first engineering hires at GLS/NXT, you will be able to make significant contributions to the early development of our technology stack and processes. As a key and early hire, all doors are open for your personal and professional development – you are in the driver’s seat!
- Design, develop, and maintain the backend architecture of our products and services
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with the web, mobile and DevOps team to ensure seamless integration of the backend with the overall system
- Understand and optimize the performance and scalability of the backend systems
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned with industry best practices
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends and updates in the field
- Troubleshoot and debug any issues that arise
- Participate in the design and implementation of new features and functionalities
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar working experience
- Proven experience as a Backend Engineer within an cross-functional team or similar engineering role
- Experience in working with JVM languages (preferably Kotlin), Spring Boot and relational databases
- Strong understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Familiarity with RESTful API design and microservices architecture
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Git and agile development methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What we are offering you / Your benefits
- Hybrid working mode with a tailor-made remote policy
- Great office space in Berlin Mitte
- The latest technology equipment
- A personal budget for coaching, sports, or public transport
- Regular team events and offsites
- A competitive compensation package
GLS/NXT was founded recently and aims to build the next generation of logistic experiences driven by technology – core, adjacent & beyond. More specifically, our sphere of interest are the Logistics and eCommerce sector. We are entrepreneurs and hence always start with the user’s needs. We are located between Corporate and Startups and leverage the benefits from both (startup speed and corporate muscle). GLS/NXT inhabits different venture teams, acting as startups with business responsibility and setting their own vision, mission, and business plan.
Sounds interesting? We are excited to get to know you!
GLS/NXT is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.